It's me. I love CheckOutMyCards.com. I learned about the site roughly two weeks ago when I saw a post on The Hamiltonian talking about a card she had recently picked up. Since I am always looking for new ways to spend money, I checked out the site and found a bunch of Kevin Kouzmanoff cards that I did not have in my collection.
Some, I thought were reasonably priced. Others I thought, there is no way they are going to get that kind of money for that card. And, still, others I thought, I can't believe it's that cheap.
I snagged a few cards that day (and have since bought others).
Here are the cards I bought on my first trip through COMC.
- Amazingly, I didn't have this card. The problem with the 2004 Topps first year bonus card was that it wasn't worth a lot of money. It's not really worth the price of postage and I had a hard time getting people to send me just this one card.
I've tried trading for it before on some message boards, but no one wanted to bite. So, I finally got it as part of this package.
- This card doesn't really need a back story. 2007 Allen and ginter mini A&G back
- I'm slowly (note: slowly) completing the UD Heroes rainbow of cards for Kouzmanoff. This was my latest addition that I believe I got under $1.
- This is the first UD Documentary gold card I have of Kouz. I have all the base cards from this set. I still need the other gold and the auto.
- This was the biggie. This is the first time I have seen this card anywhere and was thrilled to pick it up. A couple of days later, I saw it on eBay with a starting price of $20 and it sold with no bids.
I got it under that, by a few bucks, but I am very happy picking up the 2009 Allen and Ginter cloth card /10.
My hair looks good short, doesn't it?
P.S. that's not me.